This guide takes a look at the "Quick Book" feature that allows you to make online bookings on IRCTC faster.
While making bookings made from IRCTC nowadays is smooth, easy and fast enough, there are people who may find it to be a little slow. For the frequent travellers and people in the fast paced lifestyle, I R C T C also has the 'Quick Book' feature which allows online railway bookings in a much faster way.
Although the method is a tad bit quicker, it is not for everyone. The Quick Book feature is meant for the following people.
- People who are frequent users of online ticket booking and have the know-how of the booking procedure
- People well aware with the fare and route details of their travel
- People who know train numbers and station codes of their destination and also understand the different codes of quotas and classes.
These simple instructions provide a full walkthrough of the Quick booking process
- Login to your IRCTC account.
- Now select 'Quick Book' .
- Fill in all the details and select the ticket type(E-ticket or I-ticket)
- Click on 'Submit' and then continue to add all the remaining details for the journey
After this all that is required is to select the payment method and make the payment. After which the Electronic Reservation Slip is presented to the user which is to be printed and kept for further reference.
This will complete the booking process through the 'Quick Book' feature. This makes it easy for experienced users to make booking in a simple and easy way.
In our previous articles we have guided you on Booking Tatkal Ticket at the next generation website of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (I R C T C), normal E-ticket ticket booking tutorial and Booking NGET IRCTC Tatkal Ticket through Mobile. For those who are new and just had signed up for online tatkal or e-ticket booking can learn NGET IRCTC Whole New Interface.
Since when Indian Railways had launched online booking for the reservation of berths it has attracted around millions of Indians as well as Non Residential Indians to book their tickets from the comfort of home than rushing to counters before time and pushing each other in long lines and high temperatures or freezing weather. But the problem comes with the tutorials of booking, they never explained the basic facts or terminology. This led problems for our fellow citizens to understand the process. That is why we are here to help you with user guides and video tutorials.
For any assistance or suggestion you can always comment below in the box and we will try to reach you as soon as possible.