This guide shows how cancellations of tickets and e-tickets can be done through various methods
Offline Ticket Cancellation
|Couter Ticket Booking Reservation/Cancellation Form|
Tickets bought offline, within the cancellation period, can be cancelled through the following procedure
- Retrieving the cancellation form from the ticket counter
- Filling and submitting the form
- Paying the clerkage fees and penalty(if any)
The refund will depend on the following rules of the possible cases
Ticket Bought Without Reservation
- The ticket is presented within 3 hours of the issue.
- Ticket is presented before 12:00 AM preceding the date of departure if the ticket was bought in advance.
Ticket Bought With Reservation
- If the ticket is presented 48 hours(2 days) before the scheduled departure, a nominal fees will be deducted per passenger. It is Rs. 120 for AC first class/executive class, Rs. 100 for AC two tiered/First Class, Rs. 90 for AC three tier/Chair Car/ economy class, Rs. 60 for Sleeper and Rs. 30 for Second Class.
- If the ticket is presented between 48 hours and 6 hours before the departure, the cancellation charges will be 25% of the fare with a minimum charge set beforehand.
- If the ticket is presented between 6 hours before departure and 2 hours after departure, the cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare.
- There will be no refund if the ticket is presented 2 hours after departure of the train.
- Full refund and lesser clerk charges will be given to passengers who have bought a collective(family) ticket and have few members in the waiting list when the ticket is presented between 6 hours before departure and 2 hours after the departure of the train
Ticket In Waiting List Or RAC
- The ticket must be presented within 3 hours after the departure of the train for a refund. Any requests beyond the time will not get a refund.
- For night trains (2100 to 0600 hours actual departure) and hilly areas, the refund window is the first 2 hours of opening of reservation office.
Online Ticket Cancellation
- Offline filing of Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR).
- Online TDR by selecting ‘File Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR)’ under the 'Services' menu once you login through your account of IRCTC.
- The refund rules are the same as the offline tickets. Take a look above to see the rules.
- For tickets booked at the old site, click on 'Old transaction history' from 'My transactions'.
- Waiting list and RAC tickets can be refunded even after chart preparation. The timeline is same as offline one.
Steps to Cancel IRCTC Tickets Partially or Fully
- Login to your IRCTC Account.
- Go to My Transaction tab and click on Booked Ticket History in the drop down menu.
- Your booked ticket list will appear.
- Select the ticket which you want to cancel or in which you want to cancel partially.
- After selecting, click on "Cancel Ticket" button.
- A new window will open, select the passengers of whom you want to cancel the ticket. Select all if you want to cancel the whole ticket.
- Finally click on cancel.